Monday, October 22, 2012

Independent Travel Week

Sorry guys! I actually had my independent travel week September 28th through October 4th. Normally we would be doing our group travel during this time, but because things booked up so fast our program advisor had to move things around. And I am just posting about it now because I have been sooo busy [aka too lazy] to sit down and upload photos. But fear not! I will post pictures all over the place this time!!!

The first part of our independent travel a large group of us, 13 people, went down to Sanya, China. This little town is the second most furthest city in China, and is often referred to as the "Hawaii" of China. Fun fact: most of the signs were in Russian and Chinese. I guess this is also a hot spot for Russian travelers. Not such a great place for English speaker, but alas... it made us use our Chinese that we have been trying to pick up.

We basically spent 5 days laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. One of the days down there we went on an organized tour with our group to a remote town. There we kayaked on the ocean to a snorkeling spot, went on a short hike, then kayaked back to the private beach to have a barbeque. Fun day, but also very tiring.

The second part of the trip was spent in Beijing. The group broke up after this. It was just me and my four other girl friends out and about. All blond. Lots of attention. Should have charged people for all the pictures we had taken... We did all kinds of fun stuff. Saw the Forbidden City, The Great Wall, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, and went to the Hongqiao Pearl Market. Lots to see in little time. But hey, it was great action-packed fun. We took a high speed train back to Shanghai and proceeded to sleep for hours.

Our routine thus far has been basically the same. Chinese class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to noon. And of course my Management class on Wednesday and Economics on Thursday. We have also had some small field trip like adventures around Shanghai that I will share more with later. (Can't talk about everything I have done in this post... I wouldn't have any more stories to tell later on)

Hope you enjoy my new videos and pictures!!


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment