Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Week in China

Alright!

I so thought I would have a blog completed before now, but this past week has been crazy busy and hectic. We have had orientation every day this week, and today was the first day of classes.

The flight over was two hours late because the tv's on the plane weren't working. That flight was the longest flight I have ever been on, and suffice to say that I wouldn't do it if I really didn't want to go to China.

Shanghai is a huge city with people out and about all the time. The roads are insane, and I am pretty sure there is no speed limit. No one follows the rules of driving, and I haven't seen a police car patrolling through traffic yet.

We went to Walmart one day to buy odds and ends... things that we needed and/or forgot to bring with us. The walmart here was four stories tall and a mess of activity.

People always stop and stare at our group as we walk through the streets. I feel like we are circus animals on display. I am getting used to the staring. No one has yet to touch me, which is good.

I am going to upload some pictures and write out more detailed blogs about my life so far. But for right now this is all I can do. I am very tired, but I wanted everyone to know that I am here safe and sound and that life is going well for me.





5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear things are going well, eager to here more. Wondering how that the flight was two hours late because the tv's on the plane weren't working. Does no TV cause the plane to fly slower :)

    WC

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad to hear you are alive! gaby and i were starting to wonder! i liked the circa animals bit! be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are safe! I was getting worried!! Keep us posted and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very much enjoyed for the great services in this blog that to very much attractive for the fantastic info in this blog……..thanks for sharing. study in china

    ReplyDelete