Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pictures and Updates

 
First week of classes are almost over! I have Chinese everyday except Wednesdays from 9am to 12pm. Then on Wednesdays I have a class that is called 'Managing Enterprises in China' which goes from 1:30pm to 4:20pm. And on Thursdays, along with all the other Alliance students, I have 'China as an Economic Giant.'
 
So far all of my classes have been interesting. I really think I am going to enjoy my Management class. The only downside is that the classes are sooo long. Back at home I am used to classes being an hour and half maximum. Oh well, can't have it all the way you want it.
 
Chinese is interesting. We spent the first 3 classes just going over pronunciation and forms. Writing characters and learning sounds is so difficult. It takes me back to when I was learning German. And the frustration at not being able to communicate and understand someone. It just makes me want to learn faster.
 
I have some pictures of Shanghai. I will take more and upload more of course, but for now here are a few for you to look at.
 
Downtown Pu Dong from the Bund
 
 

View of Shanghai from a museum

Museum again

View from my dorm

Other view from my dorm
 

1 comment:

  1. it looks like any big city!! when you get back teach me chinese!

    ReplyDelete